- Friday SNPpets This week’s holiday-abbreviated SNPpets include a paper on the NCBI Assembly resource–and a great slide right after that explaining what assembly is like; human traits and clinical issues (or not) ...
- Video Tip of the Week: World Tour of Genomics Resources, part II This week’s tip is not our usual short video. We’ll connect you to our newest tutorial suite, our World Tour of Genomics Resources, part II. Our previous tour was really popular–because as much as bench researchers know about the tools they currently use–everyone realizes there are more tools out there. And many of them don’t ...
Genomics Resource News
- UCSC Genome Browser, default human genome changed This has gone out over the announcement mailing list, and is also on their web site. But in case you aren’t checking those, seemed important to get people to see.
14 September 2015 — Human Genome Browser default changed to GRCh38/hg38
In conjunction with the release of the new 100-species Conservation track on the hg38/GRCh38 human assembly, ...
What’s The Answer
- What’s The Answer? (authorship heartbreak) This week’s highlighted discussion generated a lot more chatter than many of them do. I didn’t see that coming at this site. But apparently it’s an issue that many groups have faced and had opinions on: what is the relative contribution of the wet lab vs bioinformatics side when it comes to the paper, and ...
- Friday SNPpets This week’s holiday-abbreviated SNPpets include a paper on the NCBI Assembly resource–and a great slide right after that explaining what assembly is like; human traits and clinical issues (or not) as well as ecological traits and related issues; some work on diseases and some on drugs; and as usual some new software tools.
Welcome to our ...
Webinars and Workshops
- Webinar, Oct 7: World Tour of Genomics Resources II Just a quick note to announce our upcoming webinar. We are going to do the popular World Tour again, so if you missed it last time, join us for the next one. It’s free, but you need to register.
World Tour of Genomics Resources 2
October 7, 2015 | 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm EDT
This is ...