This week’s SNPpets include an interactive timeline of cancer research, NIH’s statement on cloud-stored genomics data, Facebook and genomics data, hilarious typos in some published equations, and more….
Welcome to our Friday feature link collection: SNPpets. During the week we come across a lot of links and reads that we think are interesting, but don’t make it to a blog post. Here they are for your enjoyment…
- RT @belowthebelt_md: Epi+clinical+omics data = POWER data MT @NCIEpi: An Interactive Cancer Bioinformatics Timeline @genomicscloud http://t.co/D75ANw0czw #TCGA
- RT @genome_gov: NIH has issued statement on the use of the cloud for storing and analyzing genomic data under its GDS policy. http://t.co/wUL4avpSsG
- RT @phylogenomics: Painful, kind of hilarious, typesetting error in a #PLOSOne paper from my lab – should I try to fix it? http://t.co/CHG8VSDgHl
- RT @genome_gov: NHGRI’s newest Genome Advance of the Month is about the Roadmap Epigenomics Project. http://t.co/2KHKfdWVWB
- RT @NCBI: We’ve updated our human & mouse RefSeq genome annotations. Details on NCBI News: http://t.co/VCdT2TynIc http://t.co/TajT4G7GAT
- RT @BioMickWatson: Successful test launch for nanopore sequencing http://t.co/KTpCn7A0bQ [$$] Followed right after by: RT @KevinADavies: @BioMickWatson @pathogenomenick Could we get a reprint of your @naturemethods News & Views? Signed, everybody!
- RT @kbradnam: Gah! “@jennifergardy: @BioMickWatson Silly consortium name alert: Bacterial Respiratory Diseases of Pigs-1 Technology (BRaDP1T)”
- RT @rnomics: Top #tweeted story in #bioinformatics: Data Visualization cheatsheet, plus Span… http://t.co/imKp2vzai8, see more http://t.co/x4TiUjeQ4E
- RT @5amsolutions: Like My Genome? Facebook, Genetics, and You http://t.co/AMI3V37QME
#PrecisionMedicine #GenesforGood #GeneticTesting http://t.co/2X2tpjQC8x
- OMIM‘s mim-Match is what’s mentioned below, FYI.
Now back to typical Friday. I start by reading mutations in humans. Everyone else does, right? Via OMIM's mimMatch. pic.twitter.com/fnP9RRiufp
— mem_somerville (@mem_somerville) April 3, 2015